Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's day

Happy belated Valentine's day everyone! Hope yours was as good as mine!

But let's back up just a little. On Tuesday I ended up taking Sammy to the doctor. The poor kid got my horrible skin genes. His hands were really dry before I left for the cruise and when I got back, the back of his hand was all bubbly, like raised rash type bubbly and swollen. So I took him in and they said that the dry skin and cold basically "burned" his hand and that the swelling was concerning. So they put him on antibiotics, he has to keep his hand covered with bacitracin and keep it wrapped. He also has to wear gloves if it is less than 35 degrees.

But while we were out, we stopped at the paper store to by v-day cards. Well, Sam picked out one for me and then hid it and asked for money so he could pay for it without my seeing it. Very cute.

So fast forward... Saturday morning, we got up a little late, then decided to go get the boys haircuts before the 2 basketball games. No big deal and they were awful cute.

We really had nothing else planned for the day until Rich and I went out to dinner. We went out early to try and beat some of the rush. But then were done early and wanted to kill time to be sure the boys were in bed by the time we got home. So we went over to the Natick Collection because Rich hadn't seen the expansion. As we were walking through he stopped me and pointed out some jewelry in the window of a Hawaiian jeweler. There were these beautiful Tahitian pearls in the window and he said he would buy me one.

I didn't believe him, but said, well, I could try them on! And this is what I walked out with:



I then proceeded to point out the matching ring :) Maybe for graduation or Mother's day!

2 comments:

JSmith5780 said...

It's so pretty. Come one Rich... a ring is really needed to compete the set ;)

JSmith5780 said...

Poor Sammy- I hope his hand is better soon!