Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Ok, I know its been a long time...

And yes, I find myself saying this a lot. I think about posting, but things just get so crazy, and I don't download pictures that I intend to post, so I just don't post.

But let me catch you up...

Easter was very nice. The boys did multiple egg hunts and walked away with some cash and lots of candy :) There was only one major problem this Easter (and I didn't even think of it until I walked into my mother's and realized that my Gram wasn't there)... I didn't get ANY fresh kielbasa.

This is a tradition at Easter in my Mom's family and I hoard it... I LOVE it and there was none :(

But it was great to hang with my aunt and cousin and we even went to a school and tried out the new kites that we got from my Sisters-in-law. Very fun, but cold :)

This past weekend was nice... the boys went outside and played and Tim even spent a bunch of time building himself a 'goalie' for his hockey net. I helped him cut it out and ti it to eh goal, but he decorated it. I'll post a pic as soon as I get it off the camera :)

Monday was a long night, after school while traveling home, I followed a car that was swerving between lanes... as I was on the phone with 911 reporting him, I watched him careen off the road, hit multiple trees and land in the woods. It was a wooded area and no one else around, so I stayed as the witness to help police. I did not approach the vehicle to see if they guy was alright because he was no where to be seen. He apparently was sprawled across the front seat and unconscious. Police and fire arrived and took care of it. If you read this article, it is the second story about the crash on Old Sudbury Rd. He did survive, but that's all I know.

And now we come to the present. We are just getting into baseball season which is going to take up most evenings for a couple of months. Add to that, Rich and I finishing school (Yay), so I won't promise to be any more regular about posting!

1 comment:

JSmith5780 said...

I meant to comment the last time and forgot!

Glad to hear Sam is doing better. You always hear that little kids can't get mono, but I actually know quite a few who have gotten it. If my kids are extra tired with a sickness, I always ask the doc to check!

Have fun with baseball. This is the first time we really have a sport going on. Austin asked to play soccer. He starts Saturday. I tried to get Ben to play t-ball but he wouldn't. I really feel that's going to be his sport. They have a pop up ball machine at Aunt Karen's and he hits it nearly 75% of the time. Now if only I can get him over his nervousness and get him to play. Connor I think is going to be a solo sport person, either swimming or gymnastics. He loves water but he also loves to balance, flip and hang on stuff. I just need to bit the bullet and get him enrolled in one.

OK, I'm done. Glad you are well (if busy). Need a girls night soon!