Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Update on sickness...

Well, Sammy seems to have made a miraculous recovery. By Saturday, his throat was feeling much better and his congestion had mostly cleared. But to be safe we are discouraging much running around because of the potential for an enlarged spleen with mono. He is very put off by that. How do you tell a 6 year old little boy that he can't run around???

So, Monday he went back to school, and Rich and I finally went back to what we thought would be a normal schedule again. Yeah, not to be so.

I got a call on Tuesday at about 3:30 from daycare saying that Max couldn't stop coughing and he had a low grade temp. My response (and please excuse the swear) was, "You've got to be F-ing kidding me"

So I picked him up and was home with him today. His fever remained low grade until he went to bed tonight went it finally went over 100. So Rich will be home with him tomorrow.

It has been a really long couple of weeks with all the sickness and missed work. Thank god I have an understanding boss, but at this point I hope that I am not pushing my luck with her.

No comments: