Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy 4th of July (a little late)

What a beautiful weekend!!! I could not have asked for better weather than this past weekend. let's just hope that it continues.

Last week started out a little tough, but ended beautifully. For some reason I decided to try a different kind of makeup. So I went to the counter and the girl offered to do a quick facial massage and show me some makeup... i was only looking for foundation. But said, what the heck. At the end of the 30 minutes, the moisturizer was great and the makeup she did looked good.

the next morning however, my face was swollen. I still went to work, but co-workers showed up at my office and there was pure shock on their face when they saw me. One even told me to please leave and see a doctor. I stuck it out, hiding in my office until about 3 and left to go home and take a nap.

That night, my face was so swollen, you would have thought I lost a boxing fight... Sammy said he didn't want to hug me cuz my face gave him the chills. So the next morning I took the day off and went to my allergist. Who advised me that I should take a picture of my face (and at this point, it looked better then the night before). He put me on prednisone and I was looking a lot better by that evening.

I had Friday off which was pretty low key. max spent most of the day waiting for grandpa to come get him because he couldn't wait to sleep over. Well, about dinner time, all three boys decided they wanted to sleep over. (Tim's comment was that they hadn't seen them in a while, but I think the open pool had more to do with it).

So, my parents took all three boys from Friday night until sunday afternoon. It was amazing to have some free, quiet time in my own house on saturday. And then sunday we cooked-out and played in the pool and it was just generally a fabulous day.

Thanks, Mom and Dad for taking them. I'm glad that they mostly behaved themselves, and it was huge for me to have some down time!

1 comment:

JSmith5780 said...

So much for the beautiful weather. Yesterdays storm made sure of that. The Pike was down to about 30 mph!

So much for new make-up!