Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Playdates

I left work early today so that I could bring the kids to a playdate at a friends house. It's days like today that I miss being a stay at home mom. I've made pretty good friends with a couple of Mom's from Sammy's class and it was really nice to hang out with them while the kids played tonight.

Apparently, they do this (make dinner while the kids play) every thursday, but since I have soccer and I can't get out of work early all the time, we won't be able to join them much. I'm a little bummed about this because I really do want to build relationships with the moms from school, but I just can't be as involved with the school and the moms as I'd like to be because of work. The kids had a blast while the moms made pancakes, eggs, and bacon for dinner. It was a lot of fun!

I've invited the group over to our house after the holidays, so hopefully I can clean my house by then!

1 comment:

JSmith5780 said...

I completely get it. Sometimes I feel like I miss so much by working :(