Monday, December 3, 2007

That was a close one...

Ok, note to self, hide a key to the house outside!

This morning was one of those days where I realized that this is a good idea for many reasons, one of them being, if your 2.5 year old locks the kitchen door, you have a way of getting in without panicing.

Now, that being said, I did not have to call the police, break a window, or go into a complete panic (although Tim burst into tears), luckily I got in on my own. But standing there pleading and trying to explain to a 2.5 year old to unlock the door by turning "the little thingy" while he says, "no, you do it" is not fun.

I managed to get in by jiggling the door knob a little hard and it just allowed me to open it. (I'm thinking some angels in heaven (grampy) had something to do with that). But it does also make me worry that anyone could just jiggle the doorknob and get it open. Timmy even tried it and was able to get it to let him turn the doorknob even though it was technically locked.

What a way to start the day!

1 comment:

JSmith5780 said...

Ah yes. We now keep a key in the garage for this EXACT reason. Watch out, my kids lock the car doors too if I get out!
Jen

P.S. out door opens this easily too. Luckily it's the door between the garage and the house so no one has access but us.