Sunday, April 6, 2008

Weekend Recap

Phew! I am ready for bed!!

We had a pretty good weekend. On Saturday, Rich got up and took Sam to karate while Tim, Max and I just kind of hung. I decided that I was going to take the boys to see Horton. I got them kind of excited about it because it was Max's first movie in the theaters. So we picked the 11:50 show and went to the mall. We grabbed some Burger King in the food court and then off we went.

as a sidebar, I am very proud of my boys growing up and becoming more independent. They asked for plain burgers and didn't get them, so I told them to go up to the counter and tell the guy that they asked for it plain. It may sound small, but I'm glad I didn't do it for them. It shows me that they are gaining confidence and independence.

Ok, so we headed to Horton. Tim complained through the entire previews that he didn't like the seats and then Max spent most of the movie playing with his milk bottle, BUT he stayed in there the whole time and even watched some of it :) It was cute, but a little slow.

Then we came home and took naps. The boys went outside to play while Max napped and then once he was up we took Lucy for a walk. Then I went for a quick run before dinner. And then ultimately, I went to grab a drink with my neighbor Kristen. All in all, a pretty good day.

Then today we knew that Rich would be gone most of the day at a mountain bike race (which he came in second). So the boys and I ran an errand to Bed, Bath, and Beyond and then Target. They spent the afternoon cleaning the playroom (and Tim's room), so they could earn money. Then we went to skating and out for dinner.

Another couple of sidebars... Tim cleans his room like I did (everything went under the bed :) ) There is another story here to tell about stealing.

This morning, the boys were counting Sammy's money to see how much he had and if he could buy a few things at the store. well, apparently, Max joined in by opening his piggy bank and throwing his money around. well, the older two took this a reason that they could keep his bills and add it to the money they had. The only reason they told me was because I knew he had cash in there. You should have seen the pile of bills and quarters that these boys had. (Plus somehow, Tim convinced Sam to "lend" him a bunch of money.) So I proceeded to tell them about the time that I stole $10 from my mother (which I embellished a bit by telling them I lost my birthday party because of it.... really I had to pay half of it back , my friend paid half back and then I was grounded for a month). In either case, they did not buy anything today and they had to give Max $7 from their stash which is what they originally tried to take from him. All their cleaning pretty much went to Max today :) I hope they learned their lesson!

No comments: