Friday, October 26, 2007

My Grampy

I know this is sort of a random post, but while I was downloading the pictures of Max, I came across some pictures of my grampy. I felt the need to post a quick message about him.

My Grampy passed away about a year and a half ago and I miss him every day. I will always remember my Grampy as full of life. he always had a smile on his face whenever he saw one of his grandkids or great-grandkids. He was a true family man who would have done anything for any one of us if we needed him.

He always made us laugh...

He had 11 fingers (no not really, that was just one of his many jokes), but her always had me fooled.

He would show me his "pride and joy", think pictures of products with the same name.

He also showed me his diamond ring and pin that he got for my grammy, (think dime, ring, and pin).

He always painted pumpkins for us each halloween.

I like to think that I get my love of making people smile from him. I like to do nice things for people because it always makes me feel good and that was him. He would always pull a coupon for free hugs out of his pocket for anyone who treated him nice, a nurse, a waitress, or any one of my friends that I brought by the house.

He truly was such a wonderful man, and I'm not sure why I'm having this sudden urge to post about him, but I do miss him. And it makes me smile every time Max passes by the picture on his dresser of him and Papa because he points to it and says, that's Papa. I really wish my kids got to know him better.

I miss him!

No comments: