Monday, October 8, 2007

Trail racing

We had a relatively fun weekend. After Karate on Sat, we went out and bought halloween costumes. Max is going to be Cookie Monster, Sam is a Ninja Lord, and Tim is going to be an Evil Jester. Only problem is apparently he takes after his mom because he is too scared to wear the mask most of the time. So he may just end up being a plain old jester instead of an evil one. (I say he is like me because my parents have a picture of me dressed in my halloween costume as strawberry shortcake, but I didn't like the mask, so my little sister wore it. If I have it somewhere, I'll scan it and post it.

Then we went to the race on sunday morning. It was really kind of chilly, but the race was still good. Timmy isn't sure how to pace himself yet and started out really strong and then ended up walking here and there. However, it wasn't an easy race and he still did really well. Sammy on the other hand, ran every single step in a beautifully paced manner. The funniest part about it was before the race though. Sammy said that he was afraid to run the race by himself because, "what if I get out in front of everyone and then I don't know where to go?" It was so cute :)

Then of course, Rich and I ran the adult trail race. Now, I have to say that I am officially going to stick to the roads. It was not fun to run through sand or over rocks and roots. I like the solid footing!

I am waiting to see if my friends have pics to post from the race.

No comments: