Tuesday, July 24, 2007

One of those days...

Ah, yes, its just been one of those days...

Rich had surgery on his hand today. They ended up putting 3 screws in it instead of a plate because the plate was just too big. They finally let me see him in recovery at about 12:40 which was a whole 5 minutes before I had to leave to get to a meeting I had at work at 1. Luckily his mom was there to bring him home and take care of him. Thank goodness she was around to help!

Work is still chaos and I totally feel like such a jerk to all of my direct reports. I've been on vacation for 2 weeks and they all have stuff to tell me and stuff they need guidance on, especially the new ones and I barely have time for any of them nevermind getting any real work done.

Then of course nothing went right on the way home tonight... lost (or at least thought I did) my cell right before I left. spent too much time trying to find it (which it was still in my car). Which made me late to get Timmy and subsequently late to get the other 2. Then on the way I hit bumper to bumper traffic on 495, which pushed it even later.

Then we've been trying to get Timmy's loose tooth out and so spent a bunch of time with him in tears... not to mention Max didn't want to go to bed tonight. Needless to say, I didn't cook dinner tonight :)

So now, I've been up doing a bunch of the work that I just didn't have time to get to today.

But time for bed now! I get to do it all again tomorrow!

No comments: